Having a baby is an exciting experience, no matter how many times you get to experience this joy. With a new baby comes the opportunity to choose a unique baby name, buy baby clothes, and to create the best possible life for your baby. Even if you’re not the one having a baby, this can still be an exciting time. Here’s how you can properly welcome a new baby into the world, helping them feel loved in their new family.
Having a Baby?
When you’re having a baby, you might want to start making a list of things you need to do before he or she arrives. This list may start with choosing a baby name that you and your partner agree on – though it isn’t always easy. A good way to approach choosing a baby name is to have each partner make a list of their favorite names and then compare the lists to see if there are any that overlap. Or you might want to each create a list of baby names and then see what name seems most appropriate when baby arrives.
Before baby comes, it’s also a good idea to think about your baby might need when they’re in your home. Though you might have some furniture from past children, you will still need to purchase new clothing, new bedding, and other things to go in the nursery. If you don’t already have a baby nursery, you will want to define the space in your home so that baby can have an area of their own, and you can begin to fill it with the things they need: diapers, blankets, a changing table, etc.
What Baby Needs
If you haven’t had a baby before, the list of things you need to buy can seem overwhelming. It’s a good idea to talk to a close friend who has already had children, as they can give you a realistic answer to what your baby truly needs, and what can wait until later. A few things that baby needs immediately include:
• Baby formula – Even if you’re planning on breast feeding, it can be helpful to have some baby formula available if breast feeding is challenging or baby has a special allergy that can only be addressed by formula.
• Baby bottles – Getting baby bottles ahead of time will help you have the necessary tools in your home immediately. And don’t forget about buying special racks to make washing your baby bottles in the dishwasher easier.
• Baby crib – Your child will need to have a space in which they can sleep and rest during the day. This crib should be thoroughly inspected to make sure the sides stay in place and that baby can’t get their head stuck between any bars. Some manufacturers now make baby cribs that can transition into toddler beds, so if this seems like a wise investment for you, it might be an option.
• Baby bedding and baby furniture – When choosing how to fill up the baby nursery, you will want to look into your baby bedding and furniture options. Many mothers today choose organic and natural fiber bedding, as well as VOC free furniture to ensure baby has the best environment in which to sleep.
• Bassinet – A smaller space for your child, a bassinet can be perfect for a baby when they first arrive home, though they may begin to outgrow it in a few months.
• Nursery decorations – While baby might not remember what their nursery looked like, you will be spending a lot of time in there, so make this a comfortable and beautiful space.
Baby decorating and shopping is easiest when you have a list on hand. You can then add some of the less expensive items to a baby shower list, to alleviate the financial burden. What you need to remember is that your baby requires certain items to be comfortable, but many of the trendy items now being sold aren’t necessary – i.e. special feeders, expensive breast pumps, etc.
Buying Baby Gifts
If you’re not having a baby, but your friend is, you might want to look into baby gifts that will actually help your friend as they begin to be a mother. Baby products like baby clothes and trinkets are always appreciated, in addition to gifts for mom like books on parenting and storybooks. Though baby food isn’t necessary at the start, you may want to look into machines that can help the mother make their own baby food when baby is ready for that next step. No matter what is on the baby shower registration list, try to find things that are functional, as well as adorable.
When you have a new baby, it can be tempting to buy everything that a baby store sells. You want to fill your baby’s life with exciting toys and new clothing, but realize that your baby will grow quickly, so focusing on controlling your budget will allow you to buy more for them in the future. That said, having a baby is exciting, so you may be tempted to buy a few frivolous things – and why not?
- Benefits of Making Natural Baby Products
- Going Green with Elimination Communication
- Supplies that Every Newborn Needs
- The Importance of Choosing the Best Baby Formula
- The Many Benefits of a Baby Massage
- Understanding Sleeping Problems in Babies and Finding Answers
- Best Choices for Baby Gear
- How To Get Baby To Sleep Through The Night!
- Learning about Milestones for Baby Development
- Natural Baby Toys-Creating Safe and Fun Items for your Child
- The Importance of Finding the Best Pediatrician
- Is Your Baby Suffering From Sleeping Problems?
- Baby Blankets Can Be an Original Shower Gift
- Baby Gifts That Make Bath Time Fun
- Baby Gifts That Make First Birthday Memories
- Irish Baby Gifts That Celebrate Their Heritage
- Keepsake Baby Gifts Recall Wonderful Memories
- Mealtime Baby Gifts That Create Memories
- Vintage Baby Gifts are Fashionable and Memorable
- Blocks And Building Sets For Your Baby
- Diapers For Your Baby
- Car Seats For Your Baby’s Safety
- Are Baby Slings A Good Investment?
- Baby Monitors are a Must-Have Baby Gear Item
- Creating a Beautiful Baby Gift Basket
- Baby Gear That Makes Bath Time Fun and Easy
- Determining the Safety of Baby Walkers
- Car Seats And Stroller Toys For Your Baby
- Choosing the Right Baby Gear for Storage in the Nursery
- Developing the Mind with Educational Baby Toys
- Choosing Your New Baby's Crib
- Help with Making a Soft and Cozy Baby Blanket
- Develop Your Child's Senses and Body with a Baby Bouncer
- Helpful Information for Buying a Baby Crib
- Characters and Action Figure Heroes For Your Baby
- Fashion-Forward Baby Gear: The New Sling and Backpack Carriers
- Pros and Cons of a Video Baby Monitor
- Hampers Are a Stylish Option Which Help to Prevent the Spread of Germs
- Questions to Ask When buying a Baby Monitor
- Make Meal Time Easier with the Proper Baby Gear
- Tips for Buying a Baby Stroller
- Modern Baby Strollers are Convenient and Safe
- Tips for Choosing Between Crib, Bassinet, and Cradle
- Safety Considerations for a New Baby Playard
- Shell Baby Carriers Make Life Easier
- Skin Care and Grooming Baby Gear
- Stylish Diaper Changing Tables are the Ideal Baby Gear Investment
- Toys Can Be Educational and Stimulating, Too
- Electronic Baby Toys And DVDs For Today's Child
- Exciting Science Toys For Your Little Ones!
- How Learning Toys Help Your Baby Grow!
- Baby Health: Coping with Common Baby Illnesses
- It's Bath-time! Bring Out The Baby Toys!
- Playmats- Lots Of Fun For Baby And You!
- The Amazing Benefits Of Baby Toy Mobiles
- What An Activity Gym Can Do For Your Baby!
- Cool Riding Toys For Your Tots
- Why Babies Love Musical Toys
- How To Deal With Your Baby's Eczema
- Being Prepared for a Premature Baby
- Finding a Qualified Nanny
- Having a Newborn around the Family Pet
- Helping your Baby with the Pain of Colic
- Making Travel Time with a Newborn Easier
- Overcoming the Problem of Diaper Rash
- Reasons Breastfeeding is so Beneficial
- Taking Proper Care of the Umbilical Cord
- Valuable Tips in Choosing a Child Car Seat
- Make Your Own Unique, Quality Scrapbook Baby Photo Frame
- A Baby Photo Frame Gift For Every Occasion
- Start Your Own Plaster Baby Photo Frame Business For Additional Income
- Making a Footprint Baby Photo Frame For Happy Memories
- Some Baby Products are Dangerous
- Treating Diaper Rash Using Only Natural Ways
- Summer Fun And Swimwear For Your Little Tot!
- Eco Baby Shopping